1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Critical Reasoning Medium 4
- Sourodip: “I wish you stopped drinking alcohol. It’s bad for your health.” Zihan: “That’s not true. My liver is no more damaged than it was a year ago.” Which of the following responses would most strengthen Sourodip’s argument?
- Experienced cricketers who are used to playing in the longer version matches often have more trouble than new cricketers when it comes to playing in T20 matches. Being accustomed to the slow and steady pace, experienced cricketers when playing in T20 cricket, seem not to respect the speed and explosiveness of the modern game as much as they should. The passage implies that the longer version matches mentioned above are ____________.
- Fahim: I want to attend the BRM driving school. I’ve been told that it’s a very good driving school. Rawnak: That’s not true. My friend completed their driving course but still ended up having an accident while driving his car. From the conversation above it can be inferred that Rawnak interpreted Fahim’s statement to mean that the BRM driving school _________________.
- Nabeel can finish a 100m race in less than 12 seconds. The statement above can be logically deduced from which of the following statements?
- Richard Hammond, who has just celebrated his 85th birthday, gives credits to his regular habit of riding a bicycle for prolonging his lifespan. The best way to counter this argument would be to point out that ________________.
- On the deck of a boat Arka is standing to the right side of Charlie. Nazia is standing on the opposite side of Charlie. Since the opposite of right is wrong, Nazia must be standing on the wrong side of Arka. The author of the argument above has committed which of the following logical errors?
- In the BMW car range, all 5-series cars have turbocharged engines. None of the cheap cars have turbocharged engines. All turbocharged engine powered cars are very fast. If all of the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?
- All formula 1 drivers can drive very fast. Therefore, since Sebastian Vettel can’t drive very fast, he is not a formula 1 driver. The argument above most resembles which of the following?
- McLaren sells cars that have engines ranging from 500 to 1000 HP. If a car has more than 700 HP it can be driven at least as fast as 200 miles/hr. If the above statements are true, then which of the following must be true?
- Most people who support Tottenham are idiots. Therefore, since Mehedi supports Arsenal, he is not an idiot. The argument above resembles which of the following?