1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Critical Reasoning Medium 3
- Experienced footballers from La Liga often have more trouble than local youth academy players in learning to play in the English Premier League. Being accustomed to the slow and technical game, experienced La Liga footballers when playing in the English Premier League, seem not to respect the physical competitiveness of this league as much as they should. The passage implies that La Liga ____________.
- BMW provides their different cars with V6, V8 and V10 engines. Prices of their cars can range from $25,000 to $200,000. If a car costs more than $50,000 then it has at least a V8 engine. If the above statements are true, then which of the following must be true?
- Shakib: “I wish you stopped bunking classes. It’s bad for your academic career.” Mehedi: “That’s not true. My CGPA is no lower than it was a year ago.” Which of the following responses would most strengthen Shakib’s argument?
- Most people who buy Ferraris are car enthusiasts. Therefore, since Rakibul bought a Lamborghini, he is not a car enthusiast. The argument above resembles which of the following?
- Most people who drive Peugeots have accidents. Therefore, if Tabasser drives a Mercedes, he will probably not have an accident. The argument above most resembles which of the following?
- Anagh: I want to take Professor Ayman’s class this year. I’ve been told he’s quite lenient when it comes to giving good grades to his students. Shafquat: That’s not true. My friend took his class last year and he gave him a D. From the conversation above it can be inferred that Shafquat interpreted Anagh’s statement to mean that Professor Ayman _________________.
- Aanila is standing to the right side of Naziba on the bank of a river. Arshia is standing on the opposite side of the river, directly in line with Naziba. Since the opposite of right is wrong, Arshia must be standing on the wrong side of Aanila. The author of the argument above has committed which of the following logical errors?
- Jeremy Clarkson, who has just celebrated his 91st birthday, gives credits to his lifelong habit of not running for this longevity. The best way to counter this argument would be to point out that ________________.
- The Ferrari F12 is faster than 200 miles/hr. The statement above can be logically deduced from which of the following statements?
- In a cricket team, all the batsmen are sponsored by Nike. No left-handed player is sponsored by Nike. All Nike sponsored players have high wages. If all of the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?