1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Critical Reasoning Medium 2
- Most people who support gay marriage rights are liberals. Therefore, since Rafsan supports gay marriage rights, he is a liberal. The argument above resembles which of the following?
- Experienced pilots often have more trouble than novice pilots in learning to fly the modern ultralight jet fighters. Being accustomed to the heavier jet fighters, experienced pilots when flying ultralight jets seem not to respect the wind as much as they should. The passage implies that the heavier jet fighters mentioned above are ____________.
- Apartment buildings can range from five to sixteen floors in height. If an apartment building has more than six floors, it has a lift. If the above statements are true, then which of the following must be true?
- Most people who take the experimental energy drink Speed develop stomachaches. Therefore, if Shakib does not drink Speed, he will probably not develop stomachaches. The argument above most resembles which of the following?
- Rakibul: I want to practice in Mr. Sourodip’s football coaching school. I’ve been told he’s quite good when it comes to training amateur footballers. Sadman: That’s not true. My friend trained in his school and still didn’t manage to get selected into the IBA football team. From the conversation above it can be inferred that Sadman interpreted Rakibul’s statement to mean that Mr. Sourodip _________________.
- Mr. Erad, who has just celebrated his 90th birthday, gives credits to his regular habit of drinking whiskey every night. The best way to counter this argument would be to point out that ________________.
- Ayman is sitting on the right side of Shoummo. Niloy is sitting on the opposite side of Shoummo. Since the opposite of right is wrong, Niloy must be sitting on the wrong side of Ayman. The author of the argument above has committed which of the following logical errors?
- Shams: “I wish you stopped driving faster than the speed limit. It’s dangerous.” Rakibul: “That’s not true. I haven’t hit any pedestrian in the last 12 months.” Which of the following responses would most strengthen Shams’ argument?
- In the Mercedes car range, all S-Class cars have V8 engines. None of the expensive cars have V8 engines. All V8 engine powered cars are very fast. If all of the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?
- Rakibul is shorter than 5 feet. The statement above can be logically deduced from which of the following statements?