1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Critical Reasoning Medium 1
- Shopping centers range from two to twenty floors in height. If a shopping center has more than four floors, it has a lift. If the above statements are true, then which of the following must also be true?
- Erad: “I wish you stopped smoking. It’s bad for your health.” Tabasser: “That’s not true. My lungs are no more damaged than they were a year ago.” Which of the following responses would most strengthen Erad’s argument?
- Farhan: I want to take Professor Nazim’s course if I can. I’ve been told he’s quite lenient when it comes to giving away good grades to the students. Shams: That’s not true. My friend took his class last year and he gave him a D. From the conversation above it can be inferred that Shams interpreted Farhan’s statement to mean that Professor Nazim _________________.
- Most people who oppose gay marriage are conservatives. Therefore, since Sourodip supports gay marriage, he is not a conservative. The argument above resembles which of the following?
- Experienced RallyX drivers often have more trouble than novice drivers in learning to drive the modern formula 1 cars. Being accustomed to the heavier cars, experienced RallyX drivers when driving formula 1 cars, seem not to respect the aerodynamics as much as they should. The passage implies that the heavier RallyX cars mentioned above are ____________.
- Most people who take the experimental energy drink Red Bull develop headaches. Therefore, if Erad does not drink Red Bull, he will probably not develop headaches. The argument above most resembles which of the following?
- Shakib is over 6 feet tall. The statement above can be logically deduced from which of the following statements?
- Mr. Tabasser, who has just celebrated his 102nd birthday, gives credits to his regular habit of drinking a pint of Vodka each night and drinking a pint of beer each morning. The best way to counter this argument would be to point out that ________________.
- In a football team, all the midfielders are sponsored by adidas. No left-footed player is sponsored by adidas. All adidas sponsored players have high salaries. If all of the above statements are true, which of the following must also be true?
- Ramim is standing to the right side of Rakibul. Sourodip is standing on the opposite side of Rakibul. Since the opposite of right is wrong, Sourodip must be standing on the wrong side of Ramim. The author of the argument above has committed which of the following logical errors?