1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Critical Reasoning Easy 5
- The sparkling droplets of dew on the blades of grasses are beautiful, even if there is no one there to appreciate them. Logically, this statement would contradict with which of the following?
- Consuming excessive amounts of sugar is bad for health. Yet a lot of people consume a lot of sugar. The above statement resembles to which of the following?
- Zarif: “I just heard that Raikkonen has had an accident in the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend” Ramim: “That can’t be true; he’s a very good Formula 1 driver” From the conversation above it can be inferred that ________________.
- Shams must be a football fan. I saw him in the stadium last night. The conclusion above is valid only if it is true that _______________.
- Rakibul thinks that he is a good footballer. But that is not true since he has not managed to get into the IBA football team. The above argument is based on which of the following assumptions?
- All giraffes are tall. And basketball players are tall. Therefore, we can conclude that all giraffes are basketball players. The argument above is invalid because:
- Only Brazilians become great footballers. Which of the following contradicts with the above statement?
- Sourodip - “BMWs are driven by reckless drivers” Erad - “That’s not true; Rakibul is a reckless driver and yet he doesn’t drive a BMW” Erad’s response implies that he incorrectly interpreted Sourodip’s statement to mean that
- Nowadays it is very important to teach drivers to drive cars economically. Therefore drivers should be taught about vehicle aerodynamics in driving school. Which of the following if true most weakens the argument above?
- All good swimmers want to take part in the Olympics, and all swimmers who want to take part in the Olympics practice regularly; therefore, all swimmers who do not practice regularly are bad swimmers. If the assumptions of the arguments above are true, then which of the following arguments must be true?