1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Hard 5
- If n is a positive integer, is (1/10)n < 0.01? (i) n>2 (ii) (1/10)n – 1 < 0.1
- If x, y, and z are positive integers, is x – y odd? (i) x = z2 (ii) y = (z – 1)2
- Is n an integer? (i) n2 is an integer. (ii) √n is an integer.
- If n and k are positive integers, is √(n + k) > 2√n? (i) k > 3n (ii) n + k > 3n
- In a certain business, production index p is directly proportional to efficiency index e, which is in turn directly proportional to investment index i. What is p if i = 70? (i) e = 0.5 whenever i = 60. (ii) p = 2.0 whenever i = 50.
- If n is a positive integer, what is the tens digit of n ? (i) The hundreds digit of 10n is 6. (ii) The tens digit of n + 1 is 7.
- What is the value of (2t+t-x)/(t-x )? (i) 2t/(t-x )=3 (ii) t – x = 5
- Marcia’s bucket can hold a maximum of how many liters of water? (i) The bucket currently contains 9 liters of water. (ii) If 3 liters of water are added to the bucket when it is half full of water, the amount of water in the bucket will increase by 1/3.