1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Hard 4
- Is 5k less than 1,000 ? (i) 55 + 1 > 3,000 (ii) 5k – 1 = 5k – 500
- If n is a positive integer, is the value of b – a at least twice the value of 3n – 2n ? (i) a = 2n – 1 and b = 3n + 1 (ii) n = 3
- If x is an integer, is x|x|< 2x ? (i) x < 0 (ii) x = - 10
- If n is a positive integer and k = 5.1×10n, what is the value of k ? (i) 6,000 < k < 500,000 (ii) k2= 2,601× 109
- If x < 0, is y > 0? (i) x/y < 0 (ii) y – x > 0
- Every member of a certain club volunteers to contribute equally to the purchase of a $60 gift certificate. How many members does the club have? (i) Each member’s contribution is to be $4. (ii) If 5 club members fail to contribute, the share of each contributing member will increase by $2.
- If Carmen had 12 more tapes, she would have twice as many tapes as Rafael. Does Carmen have fewer tapes than Rafael? (i) Rafael has more than 5 tapes. (ii) Carmen has fewer than 12 tapes.
- If x and y are positive, then x is what percent of y? (i) 15 is 25 percent of y. (ii) x is 10 percent of 2y.