1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Hard 2
- What is the median number of employees assigned per project for the projects at Company Z ? (i) 25 percent of the projects at Company Z have 4 or more employees assigned to each project. (ii) 35 percent of the projects at Company Z have 2 or fewer employees assigned to each project.
- In Jefferson School, 300 students study French or Spanish or both. If 100 of these students do not study French, how many of these students study both French and Spanish? (i) Of the 300 students, 60 do not study Spanish. (ii) A total of 240 of the students study Spanish.
- How many of the 60 cars sold last month by a certain dealer had neither power windows nor a stereo? (i) Of the 60 cars sold, 20 had a stereo but not power windows. (ii) Of the 60 cars sold, 30 had both power windows and a stereo.
- If * represents one of the operations +,-, and ×, is k * (l + m) = (k * l) + (k * m) for all numbers k, l, and m? (i) k * 1 is not equal to 1 * k for some numbers k. (ii) * represents subtraction.
- Joanna bought only $0.15 stamps and $0.29 stamps. How many $0.15 stamps did she buy? (i) She bought $4.40 worth of stamps. (ii) She bought an equal number of $0.15 stamps and $0.29 stamps.
- What is the volume of a certain rectangular solid? (i) Two adjacent faces of the solid have areas 15 and 24, respectively. (ii) Each of two opposite faces of the solid has area 40.
- In the xy-plane, region R consists of all the points (x,y) such that 2x + 3y ≤ 6. Is the point (r,s) in region R ? (i) 3r + 2s = 6 (ii) r ≤ 3 and s ≤ 2
- If Juan had a doctor’s appointment on a certain day, was the appointment on a Wednesday? (i) Exactly 60 hours before the appointment, it was Monday. (ii) The appointment was between 1:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- If x, y, and z are three-digit positive integers and if x = y + z, is the hundreds digit of x equal to the sum of the hundreds digits of y and z ? (i) The tens digit of x is equal to the sum of the tens digits of y and z. (ii) The units digit of x is equal to the sum of the units digits of y and z.
- If x = 0. rstu, where r, s, t, and u each represent a nonzero digit of x, what is the value of x? (i) The product of r and u is equal to the product of s and t. (ii) r = 3s = 2t = 6u