1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Medium 5
- If a certain animated cartoon consists of a total of 17,280 frames on film, how many minutes will it take to run the cartoon? (i) The cartoon runs without interruption at the rate of 24 frames per second. (ii) It takes 6 times as long to run the cartoon as it takes to rewind the film, and it takes a total of 14 minutes to do both.
- If a, b, c, and d are positive numbers, is a/b < c/d? (i) 0 < (c-a)/(d-b) (ii) (ad/bc)2 < ad/bc
- The only contents of a parcel are 25 photographs and 30 negatives. What is the total weight, in ounces, of the parcel’s contents? (i) The weight of each photograph is 3 times the weight of each negative. (ii) The total weight of 1 of the photographs and 2 of the negatives is 1/3 ounce.
- At what speed was a train traveling on a trip when it had completed half of the total distance of the trip? (i) The trip was 460 miles long and took 4 hours to complete. (ii) The train traveled at an average rate of 115 miles per hour on the trip.
- If a,b, and c are integers, is a – b + c greater than a + b – c ? (i) b is negative (ii) c is positive
- Tabasser, Eradul, and Sakib each purchased a new house. The average (arithmetic mean) price of the three houses was $120,000. What was the median price of the three houses? (i) The price of Tabassr’s house was $110,000. (ii) The price of Eradul’s house was $120,000.
- If x and y are integers, is xy even? (i) x=y+1 (ii) x/y is an even integer
- If x is equal to one of the numbers what is the value of x? (i) 1/4 < x < 1/2 (ii) 1/3 < x < 3/5
- Material A costs $3 per kilogram, and Material B costs $5 per kilogram. If 10 kilograms of Material K consists of x kilograms of Material A and y kilograms of Material B, is x > y? (i) y > 4 (ii) The cost of the 10 kilograms of Material K is less than $40.