1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Medium 4
- If |x| denotes the least integer greater than or equal to x, is |x|=0 ? (i) -1<x<1 (ii) x<0
- If r and s are the roots of the equation x2 + bx + c = 0, where b and c are constants, is rs < 0 ? (i) b<0 (ii) c<0
- What is the volume of a certain cube? (i) The sum of the areas of the faces of the cube is 54. (ii) The greatest possible distance between two points on the cube is 3√3
- If [x] denotes the greatest integer less than or equal to x, is [x]=0? (i) 5x+1=3+2x? (ii) 0<x<1
- If x is negative, is x < - 3 ? (i) x2 > 9 (ii) x3 < -9
- If x and y are integers, is x > y ? (i) x + y > 0 (ii) yx < 0
- On the number line above, p, q, r, s, and t are five consecutive even integers in increasing order. What is the average (arithmetic mean) of these five integers? (i) q+s=24. (ii) The average (arithmetic mean) of q and r is 11.
- Is rst = 1 ? (i) rs= 1 (ii) st= 1
- What is the number of cans that can be packed in a certain carton? (i) The interior volume of this carton is 2,304 cubic inches. (ii) The exterior of each can is 6 inches high and has a diameter of 4 inches.
- If m and n are consecutive positive integers, is m greater than n? (i) m – 1 and n +1 are consecutive positive integers. (ii) m is an even integer.