1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Medium 3
- If r>0 and s>0, is r/s<r/r ? (i) r/3s=1/4 (ii) s=r+4
- k, n, 12, 6, 17 What is the value of n in the list above? (i) k<n (ii) The median of the numbers in the list is 10.
- If x and y are integers, what is the value of x + y ? (i) 3< (x+y)/2 < 4 (ii) 2 < x < y < 5
- What is the average (arithmetic mean) of j and k ? (i) The average (arithmetic mean) of j+2 and k+4 is 11. (ii) The average (arithmetic mean) of j, k and 14 is 10.
- A number of people each wrote down one of the first 30 positive integers. Were any of the integers written down by more than one of the people? (i) The number of people who wrote down an integer was greater than 40. (ii) The number of people who wrote down an integer was less than 70.
- Is the number of seconds required to travel d1 feet at r1 feet per second greater than the number of seconds required to travel d2 feet at r2 feet per second? (i) d1 is 30 greater than d2. (ii) r1 is 30 greater than r2.
- Is the number of members of Club X greater than the number of members of Club Y ? (i) Of the members of Club X, 20 percent are also members of Club Y. (ii) Of the members of Club Y, 30 percent are also members of Club X.
- If k is an integer such that 56 < k < 66, what is the value of k ? (i) If k were divided by 2, the remainder would be 1. (ii) If k + 1 were divided by 3, the remainder would be 0.
- What is the value of b+c? (i) ab+cd+ac+bd=6. (ii) a+d=4
- Paula and Sandy were among those people who sold raffle tickets to raise money for Club X. If Paula and Sandy sold a total of 100 of the tickets, how many of the tickets did Paula sell? (i) Sandy sold 2/3 as many of the raffle tickets as Paula did. (ii) Sandy sold 8 percent of all the raffle tickets sold for Club X.