1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Medium 2
- If x≠0, is |x| <1? (i) x2 <1 (ii) |x| < 1/x
- If m is an integer, is m odd? (i) m/2 is not an even integer. (ii) m – 3 is an even integer
- In the xy-coordinate plane, is point R equidistant from points (–3,–3) and (1,–3) ? (i) The x-coordinate of point R is –1. (ii) Point R lies on the line y = –3.
- Is the positive two-digit integer N less than 40 ? (i) The units digit of N is 6 more than the tens digit. (ii) N is 4 less than 4 times the units digit.
- If r and s are positive integers, can the fraction be expressed as a decimal with only a finite number of nonzero digits? (i) s is a factor of 100. (ii) r is a factor of 100.
- At a bakery, all donuts are priced equally and all bagels are priced equally. What is the total price of 5 donuts and 3 bagels at the bakery? (i) At the bakery, the total price of 10 donuts and 6 bagels is $12.90. (ii) At the bakery, the price of a donut is $0.15 less than the price of a bagel.
- What is the value of x? (i) 3 + x + y = 14 and 2x + y = 15 (ii) 3x + 2y = 12 + 2y
- Is x an even integer? (i) x is the square of an integer. (ii) x is the cube of an integer.