1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Medium 1
- If l1,l2 and l3 are lines in a plane, is l1 perpendicular to l3? (i) l1 is perpendicular to l2. (ii) l2 is perpendicular to l3
- Ramim has 125 Taka consisting of bills each worth either 5 Taka or 20 Taka. How many bills worth 5 Taka does Ramim have? (i) Ramim has fewer than 5 bills worth 5 Taka each. (ii) Ramim has more than 5 bills worth 20 Taka each.
- What is the value of integer n? (i) n(n+1)=6 (ii) 22n = 16
- What is the value of n in equation -25 +19 + n = s ? (i) s=2 (ii) n/s = 4
- If d denotes a decimal, is d greater or equal to 0.5? (i) When d is rounded to the nearest tenth, the result is 0.5. (ii) When d is rounded to the nearest integer, the result is 1.
- How many integers are there between, but not including, integers r and s ? (i) s – r = 10 (ii) There are 9 integers between, but not including, r + 1 and s +1.
- What is the total number of coins that Bert and Claire have? (i) Bert has 50 percent more coins than Claire. (ii) The total number of coins that Bert and Claire have is between 21 and 28.
- Of the four numbers represented on the number line above, is r closest to zero? (i) q = – s (ii) –t < q
- At a certain picnic, each of the guests was served either a single scoop or a double scoop of ice cream. How many of the guests were served a double scoop of ice cream? (i) At the picnic, 60 percent of the guests were served a double scoop of ice cream. (ii) A total of 120 scoops of ice cream were served to all the guests at the picnic.
- If xyz≠0, what is the value of (i) x = 1 (ii) y = 3