1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Easy 5
- Data Sufficiency set: A,B,C,D,E statement (For Question 1 - 10 ) A.Statement (i) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (ii) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. B. Statement (ii) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (i) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. C. BOTH statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked E. Statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data are needed d = 0.43t7 If t denotes the thousandths digit in the decimal representation of d above, what digit is t ? (i) If d were rounded to the nearest hundredth, the result would be 0.44. (ii) If d were rounded to the nearest thousandth, the result would be 0.436.
- What is the value of |x|? (i) x = - |x| (ii) x2 = 4
- A certain expressway has Exits J, K, L, and M, in that order. What is the road distance from Exit K to Exit L ? (i) The road distance from Exit J to Exit L is 21 kilometers. (ii) The road distance from Exit K to Exit M is 26 kilometers.
- Is 4x + y = 810 ? (i) x – y = 9 (ii) y/x = 1/4
- In triangle PQR, it PQ=x, QR= x+2, and PR= y, which of the three angles of triangle PQR has the greatest degree measure? (i) y= x + 3 (ii) x=2
- If the sequence S has 300 terms, what is the 293rd term of S ? (i) The 298th term of S is –616, and each term of S after the first is 2 less than the preceding term. (ii) The first term of S is –22.
- If n is an integer, is n even? (i) n2 – 1 is an odd integer. (ii) 3n + 4 is an even integer.
- If Car X followed Car Y across a certain bridge that is 1/2 mile long, how many seconds did it take Car X to travel across the bridge? (i) Car X drove onto the bridge exactly 3 seconds after Car Y drove onto the bridge and drove off the bridge exactly 2 seconds after Car Y drove off the bridge. (ii) Car Y traveled across the bridge at a constant speed of 30 miles per hour.
- A clothing store acquired an item at a cost of x dollars and sold the item for y dollars. The store’s gross profit from the item was what percent of its cost for the item? (i) y – x = 20 (ii) y/x = 5/4
- A taxi company charges f cents for the first mile of the taxi ride and m cents for each additional mile. How much does the company charge for a 10-mile taxi ride? (i) The company charges $0.90 for a 2-mile ride. (ii) The company charges $1.20 for a 4-mile ride.