1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Easy 3
- Data Sufficiency set: A,B,C,D,E statement (For Question 1 - 10 ) A.Statement (i) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (ii) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. B. Statement (ii) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (i) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. C. BOTH statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked E. Statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data are needed What is the cube root of f? (i) The 5th root of f is 64. (ii) The 15th root of f is 4.
- What is the tenths digit in the decimal representation of a certain number? (i) The number is less than 1/3 (ii) The number is greater than 1/4
- For which type of investment, J or K, is the annual rate of return greater? (i) Type J returns 115 Taka per 1,000 Taka invested for any one-year period and type K returns 300 Taka per 2,500 Taka invested for any one-year period. (ii) The annual rate of return for an investment of type K is 12 percent.
- If n + k = m, what is the value of k ? (i) n= 10 (ii) m+10=k
- If 90 students auditioned for the Pahela Baishak program, how many were accepted? (i) 2/3 of the boys and 1/3 of the girls who auditioned were accepted (ii) 26 of the boys who auditioned were accepted.
- If today the price of an item is 3,600 Taka, what was the price of the item exactly 2 years ago? (i) The price of the item increased by 10 percent per year during this 2-year period. (ii) Today the price of the item is 1.21 times its price exactly 2 years ago.
- What is the value of z in the acute triangle where x, y and z are the three angles? (i) x + y = 139 (ii) y + z = 108
- In a certain accounting class, what is the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls? (i) There are 3 times as many girls as boys in the class. (ii) The number of boys is of 1/4 the total number of boys and girls in the class.
- What percent of a group of people are women with red hair? (i) Of the women in the group, 5 percent have red hair. (ii) Of the men in the group, 10 percent have red hair.
- If n is an integer, is n + 1 odd ? (i) n + 2 is an even integer (ii) n – 1 is an odd integer