1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Easy 2
- If x is an integer, is 9x + 9-x =b? (i) 3x + 3-x = √(b+2) (ii) x > 0
- Data Sufficiency set: A,B,C,D,E statement (For Question 1 - 10 ) A.Statement (i) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (ii) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. B. Statement (ii) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (i) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. C. BOTH statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked E. Statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data are needed x – 4 = z y – x = 8 8 – z = t For the system of equations given, what is the value of z ? (i) x= 7 (ii) t= 5
- Is x a negative number? (i) 9x>10x (ii) x+3 is positive
- On a recent trip, Rakibul drove 50 miles. What was the average speed at which he drove the 50 miles? (i) He drove 30 miles at an average speed of 60 miles per hour and then drove the remaining 20 miles at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. (ii) He drove a total of 54 minutes.
- How many people are directors of both Unilever and BAT? (i) There were 17 directors present at a joint meeting of the directors of Unilever and BAT, and no directors were absent. (ii) Unilever has 12 directors and BAT has 8 directors.
- If Tabassum saved 600 Taka of her earnings last month, how much did Tabassum earn last month? (i) Tabassum spent 1/2 of her earnings last month for living expenses and saved 1/3 of the remainder. (ii) Of her earnings last month, Tabassum paid twice as much in taxes as she saved.
- An RFL tub has a band painted around its circumference, as shown above. What is the surface area of this painted band? (i) x= 0.5 (ii) The height of the tub is 1 meter.
- In a random sample of 80 adults, how many are University of Dhaka graduates? (i) In the sample, the number of adults who are NOT University of Dhaka graduates is 3 times the number who are University of Dhaka graduates. (ii) In the sample, the number of adults who are NOT University of Dhaka graduates is 40 more than the number who are University of Dhaka graduates.
- In FBS of Dhaka University the number of students enrolled in both a Marketing course and a Finance course is how much less than the number of students enrolled in neither? (i) In FBS there are 60 students enrolled in a Marketing course. (ii) In FBS thare are 85 students enrolled in a Finance course.
- Rahim recorded the number of eggs in each of 10 birds’ nests. What was the standard deviation of the numbers of eggs in the 10 nests? (i) The average (arithmetic mean) number of eggs for the 10 nests was 4. (ii) Each of the 10 nests contained the same number of eggs.