1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Data Sufficiency Easy 1
- Data Sufficiency set: A,B,C,D,E statement (For Question 1 - 10 ) A.Statement (i) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (ii) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. B. Statement (ii) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (i) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked. C. BOTH statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked E. Statements (i) and (ii) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data are needed In the xy-plane above, is angle QPR a right angle? (i) Points P and Q have the same x-coordinate. (ii) Points P and R have the same y-coordinate.
- The selling price of an article is equal to the cost of the article plus the markup. The markup on a certain television set is what percent of the selling price? (i) The markup on the television set is 25 percent of the cost. (ii) The selling price of the television set is $250.
- If a<x<b and c<y<d, is x<y? (i) a<c (ii) b<c
- What percent of the drama club members enrolled at a certain school are female students? (i) Of the female students enrolled at the school, 40 percent are members of the drama club. (ii) Of the male students enrolled at the school, 25 percent are members of the drama club.
- The profit from the sale of a certain appliance increases, though not proportionally, with the number of units sold. Did the profit exceed 4 million Taka on sales of 380,000 units? (i) The profit exceeded 2 million Taka on sales of 200,000 units. (ii) The profit exceeded 5 million Taka on sales of 350,000 units.
- If A and B are positive integers, is the product AB even? (i) The sum A + B is odd. (ii) A is even.
- g, 15, 12, 9, 20 What is the value of g in the list above? (i) g>12. (ii) The median of the numbers in the list is 13.
- What is the tens digit of positive integer x? (i) x divided by 100 has a remainder of 30. (ii) x divided by 110 has a remainder of 30.
- If the two floors in a certain building are 9 feet apart, how many steps are there in a set of stairs that extends from the first floor to the second floor of the building? (i) Each step is 3/4 foot high. (ii) Each step is 1 foot wide.
- If x and y are positive, is x/y greater than 1? (i) xy>1 (ii) x-y>0