1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Puzzle Hard 5
- Questions 1-5 Injamam Niloy, a builder, is planning the colors to be used for painting the rooms and hallways of a group of new houses, The builder will use only one color for each room or hallway and will select from the following colors: warm colors – rose and peace; neutral colors – ivory and gold; cool colors – aqua, blue, and lavender. Two colors are adjacent if two rooms, two hallways, or a room and a hallway that planted in the colors are connected by a door. The builder will observe the following restrictions: No two different warm colors can be adjacent. No two different cool colors can be adjacent. Aqua cannot be adjacent to peach or rose. Lavender cannot be adjacent to ivory. Which of the following colors can be used for painting a hallway that is connected by doors to only two rooms, which will be painted aqua and blue?
- Niloy can use which of the following color schemes where the only doors in two adjacent rooms are doors that connect the rooms to each other and connect each of the rooms to a common hallway, itself not connected to any other rooms? (First Room - Second Room – Hallway)
- Which of the following colors can be used for a hallway that is connected by doors to each of seven rooms, when each of the rooms will be painted a different color?
- Which of the following colors can be used for a room that is connected by doors to each of three rooms that are painted lavender, blue, and peace, respectively?
- Niloy can use all of the colors in which of the following sets of colors to paint the rooms and hallways on an entire floor, no matter how the doors are arranged among the rooms and hallways?
- Questions 6-10 Ahmed Trucking Company trips always begin in one of the five cities served by April - Northtown, Overbridge, Pomona, Quakertown, and Riverside – and always ends in one of those cities. April drivers travel from city to city only on the routes listed in the mileage table below. Northtown – Overbridge: 100 miles Northtown – Pomona: 100 miles Northtown – Riverside: 200 miles Pomona – Quakertown: 200 miles Quakertown – Riverside: 300 miles The routes listed above have no stretch of road in common. The maximum distance in April driver can travel without making an overnight stop is 300 miles. Overnight stops must be made in cities served by April. Which of the following is a trip an April a driver could make without an overnight stop?
- What is the minimum number of overnight stops that an April driver who travels from Overbridge to Northtown to Riverside to Quakertown must take before arriving in Quakertown?
- What is the maximum number of cities, including the cities where the trip begins and ends, which can be served by an April driver who makes no overnight stops during the course of the trip?
- Which of the following is a list of the cities to which an April driver can travel from Pomona, returning to Pomona on the same day he or she left?
- Which of the following accurately describes the possibilities for overnight stops during trips by April drivers that begin in Overbridge and end in Quakertown after including two other cities served by April?