1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Puzzle Medium 4
- Questions 1-5 In a certain target-shooting game, a team must shoot at seven targets. Exactly one shot is allowed for shooting at each target. The targets are numbered in consecutive order from 1 to 7. The game is being played by a three-member team consisting of players S, T and U, who must observe the following rules: The seven targets must be shot at in consecutive order, starting with target 1. Both S and U can shoot at odd-numbered and even-numbered targets. T cannot shoot at even-numbered targets. S and T must each shoot at no fewer than two targets. U must take exactly one shot. S cannot take three consecutive shots. If all team members take exactly their required minimum number of shots before any team member takes an additional shot, then the next target to be shot at in the game after the required minimum of shots is target
- If T takes the same total number of shots during the game as one other team member, then which of the following is true?
- If all odd-numbered but no even-numbered targets are hit during the game, then all of the following are possible total numbers of hits for each player at the end of the game EXCEPT
- If, during the game, S and T each hit exactly half of the targets that each shoots at, then the lowest possible total number of hits that the team could make in the game is
- There is one and only one of the seven targets that U can shoot at during the game if the team agrees in advance that
- Questions 6-10 In order to gain full course credit for her tour of a foreign city, Lubaba must visit exactly seven famous points of interest – a factory, a garden, the harbor, a library, a museum, a palace, and a theater. Any tour plan that Lubaba devises will allow her to keep to her timetable and is thus acceptable, except that she must plan her tour to conform to the following conditions: The factory must be one of the first three points visited. The harbor must be visited immediately before the garden. The library can be neither the first nor the last point visited. The museum must be either the first or the last point visited. The palace must be one of the last three points visited. Which of the following is an acceptable order in which Lubaba may tour all seven points of interest?
- If, on her tour, Lubaba visits the theater, the library, and the factory, one directly after the other in the order given, she must visit the garden
- If Lubaba begins her tour at the harbor, which of the following could be the fourth point of interest she visits on the tour?
- If Lubaba is to visit the palace sixth, she could visit the harbor in any of the following positions on her tour EXCEPT
- If Lubaba visits exactly one point of interest between her visits to the factory and the palace, that point must be either the