1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Puzzle Medium 3
- Questions 1-6 Two-way roads exist among the following towns, surrounding a mountain: Between M and N Between M and O Between O and R Between R and T Between R and U Between T and P Between P and S There is also a one-way road between town P and town N; the permitted direction of travel is from P to N. None of these roads intersect each other except at the towns. There are no other towns or roads in the vicinity. Bicycles must follow the direction established for general traffic on roads. To bicycle from S to N by road, it is necessary to go to or through town
- If a rock slide temporarily makes the road between O and R impassable, then in order to reach M by road from U, a bicyclist would have to go or through a total of how many other towns besides M and U?
- If a bridge on the road between M and O is washed out, making the road impassable a bicyclist would NOT be able to go by road from
- If a rock slide blocks a lane of the road from R to T, with the result that travel on the road can go only one way, from R to T, it will still be possible to go on a bicycle by road from P to
- travel on that road goes only one way, from R to O. It will then be possible to travel by road on a bicycle among any of the towns M, N, O, P, R, S, T and U among which such travel was possible before the closing, if which of the following one-way temporary roads is constructed?
- If M is lower and T is higher on the mountain than any of the other towns in the vicinity and N, P and R are all at the same altitude, the distance by road going from U to S will be shortened by building a two-way road along a level straight line between
- Questions 7-10 Taposh Ghosh, a set designer will select colors for six sets that will be used for six consecutive scenes of a ballet, with each scene having a single set. The artistic director has selected eight paint colors – gold, mauve, olive, pink, silver, tan, white and yellow – and has asked the designer to use those colors according to the following specifications: No color can be chosen for more than one set. Sets in scenes 1 and 4 will be painted partly one color and partly another color; sets in the other four scenes will each be painted a single color. If gold is chosen for the set in any scene, silver must also be chosen for the set in that scene. Pink and olive are never used in the same scene as each other. Tan is chosen for the set in the scene immediately following the scene for which white is chosen, and neither of these colors is used in the same scene as any other color. If yellow is chosen for scene 2 and silver is one of the colors chosen for scene 4, which of the following must be one of the colors chosen for scene 1?
- If olive is chosen for scene 5, which of the following must be true?
- If white is chosen for scene 5, which of the following can be true?
- For scene 2, the designer can select a color from a maximum of how many acceptable