1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Puzzle Medium 1
- Questions 1-3 A developer is planning to build a housing complex on an empty tract of land. Exactly seven different styles of house – Q, R, S, T, W, X and Z – will be built in the complex. The complex will contain several blocks, and the developer plans to put houses of at least three different styles on each block. The developer will build the complex according to the following rules: Any block that has style Z on it must also have style W on it. Any block adjacent to one that has on it both style S and style X must have on it style T and style Z. No block adjacent to one that has on it both style R and style Z can have on it either style T or style W. No block can have on it both style S and style Q. Which of the following can be the complete selection of house styles on a block?
- Which of the following house styles must be on a block that is adjacent to one that has on it only styles S, T, W, X, and Z?
- Which of the following can be the complete selection of house styles for a block that is adjacent to exactly one block, if that one block has on it styles S, T, W and X only?
- Questions 4-10 Two male singers, P and S; two female singers, R and V; two male comedians, T and W; and two female comedians, Q and U, are the eight entertainers who are to perform at the Stuart Theater on a certain night. Each entertainer is to perform alone and only once that night. The entertainers may perform in any order that conforms to the following restrictions: The performances by singers and the performances by comedians must alternate throughout the evening. The first performance that evening must be by a female entertainer, and the second performance by a male entertainer. The final performance must be by a male singer. Which of the following could be the last of the entertainers to perform?
- Which of the following could be the first of the entertainers to perform?
- If R is to perform fourth, which of the following must perform sixth?
- If U is to perform seventh, which of the following must perform first?
- If P is to perform eighth, which of the following must perform second?
- If T is to perform third, W must perform
- If Q is to perform third, V fourth and W fifth, which of the following must perform sixth?