1. Data Sufficiency: Structure & Format by Ayman Sadiq [Skill development]
Puzzle Easy 1
- Questions 1-6 In a game, exactly six inverted cups stand side by side in a straight line, and each has exactly one ball hidden under it. The cups are numbered consecutively 1 through 6. Each of the balls is painter a single solid color. The colors of the balls are green, magenta, orange, purple, red, and yellow. The balls have been hidden under the cups in a manner that conforms to the following conditions: The purple ball must be hidden under a lower-numbered cup than the orange ball. The red ball must be hidden under a cup immediately adjacent to the cup under which the magenta ball is hidden. The green ball must be hidden under cup 5. Which of the following could be the colors of the balls under the cups, in order from 1 through 6?
- If the magenta ball is under cup 4, the red ball must be under cup
- A ball of which of the following colors could be under cup 6?
- If the purple ball is under cup 4, the orange ball must be under cup
- If the orange ball is under cup 2, balls of which of the following colors could be under cups immediately adjacent to each other?
- If the magenta ball is under cup 1, balls of which of the following colors must be under cups immediately adjacent to each other?
- Questions 7-10 Each of six automated tasks, numbered 1 through 6, takes one full hour to complete. No time elapses between the completion of any of the six tasks and the beginning of another task. The group of six tasks must be completed in the shortest possible time period, subject only to the following restrictions: Tasks 1 and 2 must both be completed before any of the other tasks can be begun. Task 3 must be completed before task 4 can be begun. At any one time no more than one task can be performed, except that tasks 4 and 5 can be performed concurrently. Which of the following tasks could be the second task performed?
- The shortest possible time period in which the group of six tasks can be completed is
- Which of the following CANNOT be true of any acceptable ordering of tasks?
- If task 6 is performed as early in the order of tasks as is permissible, then task 6 is performed